Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Ta-dah!


Yes, it's cause for celebration! I finished a painting. No UFO (unfinished object) for this piece. It's in oils and I loved doing it and just need to maybe put a few highlights (and a tint or two) on a few of the petals and paint the sides of the canvas. But I'll do this in a few days when the piece has tacked up some so I don't put my fingers in the wet paint. The original design is by Barbara Jenkins.

It was a fun and relatively easy piece. Very relaxing to just putz away at a few petals at a time and then smoosh the background in as you went along. First saw it at this year's HOOT (Heart of Ohio Tole) Painting Convention and lusted after it. Found out which booth Barbara Jenkins usually displayed some of her packets and lucked in to the only packet.

Snowmen next week in my weekly class.

~ Shelley

1 comment:

  1. Wow, this is wonderful. So catches the eye. Great job.Thanks for the share. Carol F

    ReplyDelete