Sunday, August 22, 2010

Next conventions


Okay, I've booked my flight for Calgary. Did I tell you I hate planes, lol? Paint- in Alberta is September 9-12, 2010. I'll fly out on Thursday the 9th and get in just before 10 a.m. and start setting up the booth sometime that afternoon. I'll fly out about 6 p.m. on Monday the 13th. Maybe there'll be something near the hotel to have a looksee/shopping. If nothing else I'll get a sleep-in, lol.

Classes are on the C2C Events site. I'm going to help in Willow's classes when I'm not in the booth but I'm hoping I'll have a couple volunteers to schedule for her classes, too. Saturday night, after the Trade Show, Willow has her Whimsical Hummer class so I'm hoping to putz and paint while giving some help in the class (ya right... and I think I'll have time because...? Hey, I can dream and plan, lol).

My next and last painting convention to work at will be the Salon des Arts Decoratifs in Boucherville, Quebec (east-end of Montreal on the South Shore I think). It will be October 14-17 and I'll probably drive up on Wednesday the 13th and leave on Monday the 18th. I'm really looking forward to this one, for a few reasons: 1) I get to empty my garage of the 7 boxes of inventory I brought back in May, lol, 2) I can drive - yippee, no air sickness and 3) it was one of the most exciting shows I went to last year. A lot of painters, younger than what we've seen at the regular, non-French painting conventions and they seem to have a hunger to paint, buy and learn. The only downside is, of course, the language barrier. I have some French education but the language is slow to come back for me as I don't use it; however, after the first day and a lot of sign language and apologies for not speaking fluently, it comes back in fits and starts, lol. By the end of the weekend it's not too bad [grin].

~Shelley

No comments:

Post a Comment