Tuesday, July 28, 2009

I'm getting excited...

'Cause I'm going to HOOT (Heart of Ohio Tole Painting Convention in Columbus, Ohio)!

A couple of friends and I had decided that nothing will stop us from going next year as we really want to see and experience this talked-about convention for ourselves. And next year will be HOOT's 30th anniversary. However, I was asked if I could help out in a booth this year so, golly gee, I just couldn't say "no" .

So... have found a discounted airfare and will be going down on the 11th of August and flying back on the 16th. Will be nice to get away again and schmooze with friends and enjoy the experience. I will be working in the Princeton Brush and Speedball booths. Hopefully I'll be able to get a couple hours off for good behaviour, lol, and check out the other booths 'cause of course I have a wishlist!

I'm being a good girl, too, lol. I'm trying to finish up a few UFO's (unfinished objects) around the house so that 1) they can be put away/displayed and 2) I can make room for more stuff, lol. So today, I finished my Moonlight Clematis painting designed by Peggy Stogdill. Hoping to get a couple more oil paintings finished (Sherry Nelson Scarlet Tanager; Willow Wolfe Gentle Lion) in the next few days although with hubby on holiday, we'll be doing day trips together. We'll see what gets done. Hey, I have good intentions, that oughtta count for somethin'!

Will try to keep you posted.

~ Shelley

No comments:

Post a Comment