Monday, September 6, 2010

The end of summer fun...

It was a dark and windy night...

Nooooo, not that kind of story, lol.


Actually, it is Labour Day and kind of a cool, rainy, dreary day. So here I sit, me on my 'puter at the kitchen table and hubby on his 'puter in the familyroom, lol. Hey, we can message each other!

Have "laboured" (heehee, pun intended) over my arrangements and organization for this week's coming painting convention in Calgary, Alberta (PIA - Paint-in Alberta). Think I have everything under control. Willow and Debbie Cotton will be there with me but they will be so busy with their classes, that "tag" I'm it for the booth and any necessary demos, lol. Did I tell you I'll be cloning myself?

Labour Day brings with it the close of summer and it truly seems that way today. Tomorrow my better half ends his vacation time and heads off to work [pouting]. It's been nice having him 'round (yes, dear, I know you're reading this but it's true!). We've had together time and day trips but I guess it's back to reality.

This morning my dear old dog (Hunter) decided to gift us with another puddle on the floor. Yes... she'd already been out and no, she does not have a bladder infection 'cause she has now been following me around and at my feet for the last few hours. Sigh... is she "losing it" as this is about the 3rd or 4th "accident" in a couple weeks? Couple times I have literally been behind her beating it down the stairs to the back door and she has hung a right at the kitchen for the "splash proof" carpet of the diningroom instead of heading for the backdoor and outside. I mutter away as I sop it up and spray with vinegar and say maybe it's "time" before I don't like her anymore [lopsided smile]. Or... is it a "let's get back at you guys" for some unknown slight (yes, she has been known for this over the years... as her grandmother, Sheena, was well-known for and, dare I say, loved?)? I will monitor the situation for a couple days prior to my leaving and hope it is something I can put off (or reconsider) 'til I get back from Calgary. Yes... I will "warn" my friend who will be taking care of a few of my furbabies including Hunter.

Okay, 'nuff fooling around [grin], I'm off to do some laundry and a few other must-do's so my list won't be quite so long.

~Shelley

No comments:

Post a Comment