Monday, August 8, 2016

Creative Basics Dies are Versatile



I'm here today to share one of my latest creations with the fabulous Creative Basics dies and embossing folders.


I used:
Basic Stitched Flags (I'm hard-pressed to NOT pick up this die set lol)

There is a half square in the Fancy Squares & Little Things set that is meant to create an easel (or flip fold) card but it also doubled as an extra mat behind my image.  Why?  Well because I'm sure I'm not the only one who "prints first and asks questions later" lol.  I never plan ahead for what I want to do with a design.  Not the colours, not the paper and I guess... certainly not the dies and image size.  I'd like to say that will change but I'd be lying.  I just cut a piece of cardstock to fit the size of the half square, doubled, ran it thru my die cutting machine once, then flipped the die and lined up the sides and ran it thru again.  Voila, instant larger mat!  And if you get it very slightly "off" at the joins, just use embellishments [wink].

I also ran the Picnic Quilt Embossing Folder thru twice on my cardstock so I could get a bigger piece.  Easy peasy with a little lining up/maneuvering!

Image printed on X-press It Blending Card and coloured with my Copics:
Skin - BV00-E11-21-51-50-93; R20-E04
Eyes - Y11-E23-29
Hair - E43-50-53-37
Pillows - E70-71-74; E08-09
Shorts - B91-95-97
Shirt - V01-04-06
Book Pages - E40-41 + Black Multiliner
Glasses - V04-09; BG0000
Books - YG95-97-99; BG70-72-75; RV91-95-99

Image - Angels Hearts and Memories, Bookworm Angela

Thanks for stopping by! 


2 comments:

  1. Shelley, where is the tab for your Color Palette? I don't see it on this page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, no separate tabs for Colour Palettes Jane. I just try to list what colours I used on each project/entry.

    ReplyDelete