Friday, October 16, 2015

Bow to the Queen

The Queen "B" of course lol.  This girl is an engineering genius when it comes to making 3D projects to hold Hershey Kisses and Hershey Nuggets.  I always look forward to her next creation while still thinking she can't possibly "think of more" or "outdo herself".

The latest creation is a Nativity.  Yes.  I said Nativity.  I saw it and HAD to have it.  I've tweaked the design a titch (just add-ons, nothing to the actual, VERY thorough and super instructions).

You can buy your own pattern and get to creating too.  Just go to Qbee's Quest and under the Tutorials tab and add the Nativity to your "shopping cart".  Be prepared to be wowed if you haven't seen Brenda's creations before!

Almost all product is Stampin' Up.  A few items from "my stash".  The metallic paper on the Wisemen's crowns is some "older" paper I'm trying to use up (and I notched the front and backs so they'd sit better on the rounded heads), the Angel's outfit is a Pearlescent White by Core'dinations and of course the "star" halo is tinsel you'll probably be able to find in stores soon (I have some silver and some gold pipe cleaners too that I waffled about... maybe the next make lol) - I just twisted it into a loop around a bottle top then left a length I could wedge into the back between the filler strip on the head.

Stampin' Up Cardstock colours used:
Wisemen -  Island Indigo (Tip Top Taupe beard and hair/head), Elegant Eggplant (Soft Suede beard and hair/head), Real Red (Chocolate Chip beard and hair/head)
Joseph - Soft Suede robe; Early Espresso beard and hair/head; So Saffron head cover
Mary - Lost Lagoon robe; Whisper White head cover with So Saffron band; Soft Suede hair/head
Shepherd - Crumb Cake Robe; Naturals Ivory (retired) head cover with Lost Lagoon band; Chocolate Chip beard and hair/head; hook is Soft Suede and stamped with the Hardwood background stamp and Soft Suede
Baby Jesus - Soft Sky; So Saffron "straw"; Soft Suede cardstock for manger stamped with Hardwood background stamp
Angel - White Pearlescent cardstock (non SU); So Saffron hair/head
Hands added with Word Window Punch and Blushing Bride; faces Blushing Bride
I also added some "bangs" to most of the figures with the co-ord. hair colour and the 3/4" circle punch.  Scissor cut some and cupcake punch for other "patterns".  Scallop oval for Joseph's beard; large scallop for a couple of the beards; also crimper for one of the beards.



2 comments:

  1. Shelley, Your nativity is beautiful. You took my tutorial and amped it up. I love the different beards and the addition of hair and tinsel halo for the angel. You also did an excellent job on the faces. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Brenda, you did an AWEsome job on designing and then putting together the tutorial. I just got to have the fun and collect the oooo's and awwwww's lol. I was so excited when I first saw your "reveal" and my mind was already working on colours and more. So many possibilities with this one (esp. if we use, ahem, "contraband" heehee)

      Delete